Date of entry into force: May 25th, 2018
"Account" means the portal which has been assigned to you in order to access and use our Services. Luffa has three (3) types of Accounts, which are the followings:
“Owner”, which is the User who initially set up the Services and the other Users that are granted ownership privileges by the initial Owner;
“Administrator”, which is a User who manage and run a team or organization. Administrator status is granted by an Owner or another Administrator; and
“Member”, which is a User who are invited to join an existing team or organization that has already been created in the Services by an Administrator.
Owners and Administrators manage billing information. They can set organization-wide lifetime policies, can configure Single Sign On, and can edit other Users’ settings within the organization they manage, including the name, email address, avatar, and role of the Users. Owners and Administrators can also disable User accounts. When User accounts are disabled, Owners and Administrators can request the deletion of a Member's profile information.
All types of Accounts grant you a username and password and give you quick access to settings and tools for managing your Luffa experience on our Website and Applications.
- “Applications” means the tools or applications including mobile and other software applications related to the Website.
- “Attendee” means a person who does not have a Luffa account but assists to meetings where conversations audio and/or video and/or photo are captured using Luffa Services.
- “Capture” means captured audio and/or video conversations, specifically one or many digital recordings of a conversation between multiple people. It also means the visual artifacts Users add to their Captures and Flagged Moments.
- “Flagged Moments” means sections of the conversation that the User deemed important or interesting which can be identified as such in a Capture and characterize it with a moment type, and optional written notes.
- "Intellectual Property Right" means any intellectual property right, including any proprietary, moral or personal right deriving therefrom, in a trademark, trade secret, copyright, process, original work, industrial design, patent, certificate or application for registration, for attribution or for recognition.
- “Luffa”, “we” or “us” means Luffa Technologies Inc, a corporation duly incorporated, having its head office located at 501-3981 boulevard Saint-Laurent, Montréal (Québec) H2W 1Y5, Canada.
- “Services” means the services Luffa offers, including, but not limited to, the services offered at or using the Website and Applications.
- “Website” means the website okluffa.com.
- “Third-Party Services” means any third-party applications or software used with the Services through Luffa’s applications.
- "User Content" means all Captures.
- “You” or “User” means the persons who access, visit use any portion of our Services.
Services provided by Luffa, access and use of the Services
Services provided by Luffa
- Luffa is a productivity tool that provides real-time capturing, messaging, archiving and search services to its Users through its Website and Applications. Though its services, Luffa allows Users to annotate their Captures with visual references of meeting highlights and key moments.
- Luffa also provides speech-to-text transcripts of its Users meetings.
- Luffa allows its Users to integrate with some of the most popular task management tools that currently exist to optimize their existing workflows.
- Luffa may add, modify, or discontinue the Services or any feature or functionality at any time. In that case, Luffa would notify you either by email or on its Website.
Access to the Services
Luffa Account and registration
Registration and use of electronic signature
- You must activate a username and password in order to fully use and enjoy our Services. This identification system shall have the status of electronic signature of the User in every way when dealing with us and the rest of the users of the Services.
Creating an Account
- By creating a Luffa Account, you agree to: (i) provide true, accurate, current, and complete information about yourself, as prompted by our Account registration form; (ii) maintain and promptly update your Account information if to keep it true, accurate, current and complete at all times; (iii) provide, if applicable, a valid payment method for paying the fees associated with the use of our Services; (iv) use only the Luffa Account you created to access our Services; (v) not allow your Luffa Account to be used by anyone else to access our Services; and (vi) not use the name of another person with the intent to impersonate that person or in a way that otherwise causes confusion as to the origin of your account.
User responsibilities in connection with Attendees
The User is responsible for:
- informing and notifying Attendees of any meetings recorded using Luffa’s Services and obtaining their consent to being recorded;
- informing and notifying Attendees that Luffa collects data that could potentially identify them, such as their voice, what they say, name if it is mentioned during the Capture and their picture/video, if a User adds a visual artifact of them in the Capture.
- The User is responsible for:
Disabling and deleting your Luffa Account
- Users may terminate their Luffa Account at any time by sending a request to that effect to Owner or Administrator Account holders in their organization. The Owner/Administrator User will then disable the User’s Account. Owners and Administrators can delete Users’ disabled Accounts by clicking on the “Delete Profile Data” in Settings > Users tab.
- If you disable your Account you may still be able to access certain portions of the Services, such as our Website but you will no longer have access your User Content that is only available to Luffa Account holders.
- You Account may also be disabled by Owners or other Administrators Account holders without notice if you no longer work for the organization.
- We may also terminate your Luffa Account or impose limits on or restrict access to parts or all of the Services at any time, without notice or liability. If your Luffa Account is terminated, we will cease charging you any fees.
- Some of our Services allow you to upload, submit, store, send or receive User Content. You retain ownership of any intellectual property rights that you hold in that content.
When you upload, submit, store, send or receive User Content to or through our Services, you give Luffa the right to perform automated analyses which will help us:
- discover interesting and relevant topics being discussed on Luffa that may be shown to you.
- provide personally relevant features.
You are solely and entirely responsible for any User Content that you publish using the Services and you agree not to post on Luffa’s Website or Applications any content of one or many of the following nature(s):
- User Content which you are not the author of or content for which you have received consideration from a third party;
- User Content which may affect the interests of third parties;
- User Content constituting any form of computer threat (such as, without limitation, malware, computer viruses or worms, spyware) potentially causing damage;
- User Content which could constitute a threat or a source of defamation, intimidation, or harassment towards any person(s);
- Content of a hateful or obscene nature including, without limitation, content which incites violence or contains nudity, graphic violence or gratuitous violence; and
- Illegal, misleading, malicious or discriminatory content.
In the event where you violate one or more of these obligations or any other obligation sourced in any applicable legislation and/or any subsequent agreement which may arise between the parties, you will be held solely and entirely liable for any action, suit or proceeding initiated by a third party against the Luffa and/or its directors and/or its owners. If you bear witness to any person(s) behaving on our Website or Applications in violation of the foregoing rules of publication, please report it to our Data Protection Officer at the following address: email@example.com
- If you violate the obligations described in the present section, the User Content you upload may be deleted or modified either by Luffa or Owner and Administrator Account holders at any time without notice and for any reasonable cause. You will not receive any justification or notification prior to the removal or modification of content.
Fees for our Services
- Luffa offers a free fourteen (14) days trial period to new Owner account holders. During the trial period, Owner account holder, and Users they invite, benefit from ten (10) meeting hours free of charge. Users can upgrade at any time. Once the trial is over, Owner account holders have the option to continue with a monthly subscription. Luffa reserves the right to modify or stop offering the free trial period at any time, without notice.
- Owner and Administrator Account holders agree to all pay the applicable fees associated with the Services in connection with the Services they selected (including any overage fees), as described on our pricing page.
- Luffa reserves the right to change its price list and to institute new charges at any time upon notice to you (i.e. on our Website and/or by email) provided that, for Services billed on a subscription basis, monthly paying Users will be given at least 12 months at the old pricing, and yearly paying users will be given at least 1 year at the old pricing from the point at which the new pricing comes into effect.
- By continuing to use or access the Services after such changes come into effect, you agree to be bound by the new or increased charges. Any fees paid hereunder are non-refundable, except as when required by law.
- If you fail to pay our fees (including any overage fees) when due, we may limit, suspend, or terminate (subject to applicable legal requirements) certain or all our Services without notice, which may result in a loss of your data associated with those Services.
Personal data we collect when providing the Services
Users grant permission to Luffa to collect the following information relating to them and their use of our Services:
i. Personal information collected by Luffa
Information you provide to us when you register an account – email address, full name, organization name, password, avatar, OAuth credentials.
You can view and edit various preferences and personal details on your Account settings, such as your registered email, password, avatar picture, notifications preferences, calendars, invitations to other users, users in your organization, organization, single sign-on configuration, subscription details, webhooks information, integrations details and Captures retention details.
We collect and store the following captures data:
- When users start a capture or join an ongoing capture.
- Visual artifacts Users add to their captures, such as photos and videos of whiteboards, post-its and screenshots.
- Flagged Moments.
- Automated conversation transcripts and edits made by Users, specifically, the output of the conversion of the captured audio into text, as generated by Luffa's speech-to-text engines and/or Third-Party Services speech-to-text engines.
- Participation metadata, which is collected when users interact with Captures (starting, joining, flagging moments, capturing media, editing transcripts, and other links between the user and the capture.
- Onboarding metadata, which is collected when Users capture their first session, when they share their first capture with the organization, when they connect their first calendar, if they saw the most recent product announcement, and whether they last saw the in-app satisfaction survey.
We collect and store a state identifier (a string) that keeps track of whether the User’s organization is trialling, subscribed, delinquent or churned, plus an optional subscription ID provided by the Third-Party Services payment processor. The User’s billing information never reaches Luffa. It is handled by Stripe, a PCI DSS compliant processor.
We collect and store help requests made by Users when they submit a help request via the in-app Help form.
We collect and store feature requests when Users ask for features or improvements to be implemented in Luffa.
We collect and store calendar events information (event title, description, time, ids, link to the calendar application, and whether they are recurring) if Users connect their calendars to their Luffa accounts.
User interviews feedback:
We collect and store interview feedback chats manually during, and when reviewing, User’s interview sessions captured in Luffa.
Other data you want to share:
We may collect your personal information or data if you submit it to us in other contexts. For example, if you provide us with a testimonial, or when running a contest with Luffa.
ii. Information we collect about the User indirectly or passively when interacting with us
We collect and store your IP Address in server logs.
We collect and store location data when Users create a capture in their Spaces.
We collect usage data about Users whenever they interact with our Services, including information they have elected to make publicly available.
Device and application data:
We collect data from the device and application the User uses to access our Services.
If Users arrives at our Website from an external source (such as a link on another website or in an email), we record information about the source that referred the User to us.
Information from Third parties:
When Users start a Capture, we send the audio data to Third-Party Services speech-to-text engines (such as IBM and Google), which send us back the capture’s audio transcript. We collect and store the User’s Captures transcripts and transcripts metadata (timestamps and confidence score).
Information from cookies and pages tags:
We use Third-Party tracking Services to employ cookies and page tags to collect aggregated anonymized data about visitors to our Website. This data may include usage and User statistics.
- Registration information:
Data collected from Attendees:
- Attendees grant permission to Luffa collecting data that could potentially identify them, such as their voice and what they say, and/or their name if it is mentioned during a Capture. Attendees also acknowledge and agree to Luffa collecting their picture if a User adds a picture of them in their Capture.
- If Attendees don’t want Luffa to collect and store their interventions during Captured meetings, they can ask the User to mute the Capture when they intervene. If Attendees change their mind, they can also ask Users to mute their interventions or the mention of their name manually after the meeting is Captured, or to delete the Capture.
- Users are responsible for that data and manage it.
- If you install or enable Third-Party Services for use with the Services, you grant us permission to allow the applicable Third-Party Service to access your data and to take any other actions as required for the interoperation of the Third-Party Service with the Services, and any exchange of data or other interaction between you and the Third-Party Service provider is solely between you and such Third-Party Service provider. Luffa is not responsible for any disclosure, modification or deletion of your data, or for any corresponding losses or damages you may suffer, as a result of access by a Third-Party Service to your data or User Content.
- Using our Services does not give you ownership of any Intellectual Property Rights in our Services or the content you access.
- You acknowledge that all text, content (except User Content), code, graphic design, drawing, photo, illustration, video, logo, trade name and any and all Intellectual Property Rights attached thereto are the exclusive property of Luffa and you agree to abide by them.
- You must seek prior authorization from Luffa for any reproduction, publication, distribution or copying of any and all of the content of our Services for any non-personal use. The authorization may be obtained through request by email to the following email address: firstname.lastname@example.org.
While using the Services, you agree not to engage in any of the following prohibited activities:
a) Use, display, mirror, or frame the Luffa name, trademark, logo or other proprietary information, or the layout and design of any portion of our Services, without Luffa’s express written consent.
c) Access, tamper with, or use non-public areas of our Services, our computer systems, or the technical delivery systems of our providers.
d) Avoid, bypass, remove, deactivate, impair, descramble or otherwise circumvent any technological measure implemented by Luffa or any of our Third-Party Service providers or any other third party (including another user) to protect the Services.
e) Forge headers or otherwise manipulate identifiers in order to disguise the origin of any User Content transmitted through the Services.
f) Attempt to access or search the Services or scrape or download User Content from the Services, or otherwise use, upload content to, or create new links, reposts, or referrals in the Services through the use of any engine, software, tool, agent, device or mechanism (including automated scripts, spiders, robots, crawlers, data mining tools or the like) other than the software and/or search agents provided by Luffa or other generally available third party web browsers or search engines.
g) Send any unsolicited or unauthorized spam, advertising messages, promotional materials, email, junk mail, chain letters or other form of solicitation.
h) Use any meta tags or other hidden text or metadata utilizing the Services or a Luffa trademark, logo, or URL without Luffa’s express written consent.
i) Interfere with, or attempt to interfere with, the access of any User, host or network, including, without limitation, sending a virus, overloading, flooding, spamming, or mail-bombing the Service.
j) Reproduce, duplicate, copy, sell, trade, resell or exploit for any commercial purpose any portion of the Services (including your Luffa Account) or your access to or use of the Services.
k) Collect or store any personally identifiable information from other persons of the Services without their express permission.
l) Stalk or otherwise harass another person or entity.
m) Impersonate or misrepresent your affiliation with any person or entity.
n) Violate any applicable law or regulation.
No reverse engineering
- In particular, you agree that you will not, for any reason whatsoever, reverse engineer, decompile, disassemble, or otherwise tamper with any security components, usage rules or other protection measures applicable to the Luffa Services or Contents.
- Luffa is based in Montreal, Canada and uses the Third-Party Service providers located in the Unites States. Therefore, Luffa may transfer your personal data to countries other than the one in which you live.
We deploy the following safeguards if Luffa transfers personal data originating from your country (including the European Union) to other countries in accordance with applicable data protection laws:
- Transfers on the basis of an adequacy decision, which are transfers to a third country where the EU Commission has decided that the third country ensures an adequate level of protection. Transfers to Canada will be based on the basis of adequacy.
- Transfers subject to appropriate safeguards, which are transfers where the recipient has provided appropriate safeguards, and on condition that enforceable data subject rights and effective legal remedies for data subjects are available. Our Third-Party Service providers are self-certified under the E.U.-U.S. Privacy Shield. This framework was developed to establish a way for companies to comply with data protection requirements when transferring personal data from the European Union and to the United States.
- You can find a list of Luffa Third Party Service providers and business partners to whom we may disclose your data, together with the purpose of disclosure and type of information disclosed.
Disclaimer and warranties
The following disclaimers apply to our Services:
- Luffa parties’ liability in connection to the Services shall be limited to a total maximum amount equivalent to fees paid to Luffa in the last 12 months. This disclaimer shall not apply in case of willful intent, gross negligence or lack of due diligence by Luffa parties.
- You expressly agree that your use of the Services is at your own risk. We reserve the right to restrict or terminate your access to the Services or any feature or part thereof at any time if your use of the Services breaches any law, or breaches and/or damages any third party or any third party’s rights. Luffa assumes no responsibility for the deletion, mis-delivery, or failure to store or transfer any content or personalization settings if such events are due to causes outside of the reasonable control of Luffa.
- Users acknowledges that use of the Services relies on features which are not under the reasonable control of Luffa, such as the correct performance of the internet, telecommunication networks, or other systems which are alien to Luffa. In consideration of this, the Luffa parties do not warrant that (i) use of the Services or the content will be uninterrupted or error-free, since interruptions or errors may be caused by communication resources which escape Luffa’s control; ii) that defects in the Services or the content will be corrected, when such defects are caused by third parties; (iii) that the service or contents will be free of viruses or other harmful components, since they might be caused by reasons beyond Luffa parties’ reasonable control; or (iv) that any descriptions of the Services or the content are accurate, reliable, current or complete, if not directly provided by Luffa or not directly obtained from sources under Luffa’s direct control.
Limitation of liability
- You expressly understand and agree that Luffa shall not be liable for any direct, indirect, incidental, special, consequential or exemplary damages, including but not limited to, damages for loss of profits, goodwill, use, data or other intangible losses resulting from the use of or inability to use the Services.
- Your use of the Services is at your sole risk. The Services are provided on an “as is” and “as available” basis without any warranty or condition, express, implied or statutory.
- Luffa does not warrant that the Services will be uninterrupted, timely, or error-free. OkLufa will not be held liable for any event which may result in a malfunction, an interruption or an inaccessibility of our Services, the network or the server on which our Services are hosted, nor will it be held liable for any damage of any nature whatsoever arising therefrom. If you encounter any problem(s) while using our Services, we invite you to write to email@example.com. We will apply our best efforts to correct the situation.
Any hyperlink posted on the Website which redirects to other websites is only available for purposes of convenience only and does not imply any affiliation between the hyperlinked website and the Website, its directors or its owners. Luffa disclaims any liability and will not assume any responsibility whatsoever with regards to these third-party websites, including, without limitation, their contents and affiliations.
You can send a request via https://okluffa.com/help/. Type your question, feedback, complaints or feature request in the “How can I help box”. You can also attach a screenshot.
Data Protection Officer (DPO)
You can send an email to our DPO at firstname.lastname@example.org or direct any request at our registered address 501-3981 boul. Saint-Laurent Montréal (Québec) H2W1Y5 Canada.
You can contact our EU representative at email@example.com.
Note: this version is not legally binding. We created this plain English version to ensure that your privacy information is clear and understandable for our users. Refer to our “Legal version” to read the wording we will apply legally.
But first, let’s talk the same language – here are some definitions
You account is the portal through which you access our services. We have three types of accounts:
- Owner – the user who originally set up Luffa and can grant other users ownership privileges.
- Administrator – they are users who manage teams or organizations. Owners or other administrators grant their status.
- Member – they are users who are invited by administrators and owners to join existing teams.
Administrators and owners manage the billing information, can set organization-wide lifetime policies, can configure Single Sign On, and can edit user settings including the name, email address, avatar, and role. Owners and administrators can also disable user accounts. When user accounts are disabled, owners and admins can request the deletion of a member's profile information.
Applications are means our tools or applications related to our services.
An attendee is a person who doesn’t have a Luffa account (yet!) and assists to meetings recorded using our services.
A capture is a recorded meeting. Captures includes all the visual artifacts and flagged moments you can add to the meeting using our services.
A flagged moment is a section of the meeting you can identify as important/interesting. You can characterize the moment type and add written notes so you can remember why it was important.
Intellectual property rights are all our intangible creations of which we are owners, such as our trademark, patent, copyright, etc.
Luffa, we or us – well, it means us.
Our services are everything we offer you through our applications and website.
Our Website is our website okluffa.com.
Third-party services are other company’s services we integrated in our services (like Trello and Slack, for example) and our trusted partners who help us provide you the services (for example, speech-to-text services).
Your user content is all your captures.
You means – well this one is self-explanatory.
What can I do with Luffa?
We offer a productivity tool. With us, you can record, send, archive and search your meetings. We allow you to annotate your audio meetings with visual references, such as pictures, video, and flagged moments. We help you highlight the key moments in each meeting.
We also provide transcripts of your meetings. Luffa integrates very well with other productivity tools so you can optimize your workflow.
On our side, we want to make Luffa the best productivity tool there is. So we’re always brainstorming on what we can do to optimize Luffa. Don’t be surprised if we add new features or if we modify or discontinue existing ones. You can always send us feedback using our “Help/Feedback” button.
How can I start using Luffa?
You can contact us to set up Luffa for your organization or contact owners or administrations within your organization if it already uses our services.
Conditions to use Luffa
How can I create a Luffa account and how does it work?
Step 1: Get your invitation to create an account
We’ll need your name, email address, and a password so you can get into your account. Think of this as an “electronic signature”.
Step 2: Creating your account
Congrats! You got invited ☺
Time to create your account. Please give us true information about yourself when you sign up. Keep it updated. Luffa costs money for organizations. Owners are in charge of the bill. So please, if you are an owner, keep your organization’s payment info accurate and up to date as well.
Please don’t impersonate someone else to get access to their account. If we think that you do, we might suspend or delete your account. We might not let you back in either…
Step 3: With great power comes great responsibility
Step 4: Enjoy Luffa!
Don’t be shy and play with all of our functionalities. We have a lot; so, if you want to fully enjoy your experience don’t be afraid to explore them.
If a leave the organization, or if I don’t want to use Luffa anymore, can I delete my account?
You can delete your account. To do so, ask an owner or an administrator. They are the ones who can disable and then delete your account. You can also delete you captures and some data in you account yourself.
If you leave your organization, owners and administrators can also delete your account without letting you know.
We can also delete your account, set limits, or restrict access to the service at any time without giving you a heads up.
You retain ownership of the content of your captures. In short, what belongs to you stays yours.
Don’t post the following content on Luffa:
- Content which you are not the author or which you don’t have the permission to use.
- Content that can harm other persons.
- Content containing viruses.
- Harassing or defamatory content.
- Obscene or hateful content.
- Illegal, misleading, malicious or discriminatory content.
In short, use The Force for good.
If you don’t, you’ll be the sole responsible to compensate any damages in any legal actions against us because of your actions. If ever you witness someone sliding on the Dark Side, please report it to our Data Protection Officer at the following address: firstname.lastname@example.org. We’ll take care of it.
If you don’t respect these obligations or if we have reasonable reasons to believe you don’t, the content you upload may be deleted or modified either by us or the owners and administrators within your organization at any time without notice. You will not receive any justification or notification prior to it.
Short reckonings make long friends, so let’s talk money
Before you commit to using Luffa, we offer you a 14 days free trial period. During that trial period, you can benefit from 10 hours captured meetings free of charge. If you like us, you can continue with us with a monthly subscription. We can stop offering the free trial at any time, so enjoy it while it last!
We have the right to ask for fees for our services. You’ll need to pay those fees (plus anything owed) for the service you choose, as set out on our pricing page.
We might change our pricing at some point. The change could affect you, in which case we’ll tell you. If you pay for a monthly subscription service, you’ll be given at least 12 months with the old pricing. If you pay for a yearly subscription, it will be 1 year at the old pricing from the point the new pricing comes into effect.
If you continue to use the service after those changes come into effect, you agree to the new charges. Any fees then paid are not refundable unless affected by something in these terms and conditions, specific conditions, or if required by law.
If you don’t pay in time, we might limit, suspend, or end your service. You might then lose your data.
What data do you have to collect when I use Luffa?
To be able to offer you our services, we must collect, store and process some of your personal data. Please note that everything you say during a meeting is voluntary. We are not responsible for the content of individual captures. Therefore, if you do not wish Luffa or third-party processors to process some information you want to disclose during a meeting, we invite you to mute the capture or ask the user to do so. We’re deaf to muted captures!
At Luffa, we take pride in collecting only the data necessary to optimize your experience with us (no Orwellian stuff, we promise). We collect and store the following data:
- Your account registration information.
- Your account settings (such as your registered email, password, avatar picture, notifications preferences, subscription details, etc.).
- Your captures data (audio, text, photos, videos, flagged moments, etc.).
- Billing metadata (Metadata is data that describes and gives information about other data. Your billing info never reaches us. It’s handled by Stripe. Metadata allows us to track whether your organization is trialling, subscribed, delinquent or churned).
- Help and features requests.
- Calendar events.
- User interviews feedback.
- Other information you want to share. For example, you might provide us with a testimonial (on how Luffa forever changed your life, we hope!).
Yes, we also collect the following indirect or passive data:
- IP Address.
- Location data when you create a capture in your Spaces.
- Usage data whenever you interact with our website, app or any other services.
- The device you use to access our services and related data such as browser type.
- If you come to our website from external sources (ex. Your friend recommended our services to you in an email and you click on the link), we keep information about the source.
- When you capture a meeting, we send the audio to speech-to-text engines (such as IBM and Google) and they send us back the transcript. We keep the transcripts and metadata (timestamps and confidence score).
We also collect aggregated and anonymized data about our website visitors, which might include your usage and stats.
What about non-users who attend our meetings?
We also collect data about non-users who attend meeting captured with Luffa. We don’t collect much. We collect what they say during captured meetings, the sound of their voice and their name if someone pronounces it during the meeting.
We may also collect their picture if it’s added to a capture.
If non-user attendees don’t want Luffa to collect and store their interventions during a meeting, they can ask the user(s) to mute the recording when they intervene. If non-users want a capture to be deleted or modify a capture, they can contact the user that captured the meeting. Users are responsible for the collection and processing of the non-user attendees data.
What are Luffa’s intellectual property rights?
We keep ownership of all our intellectual property rights. When you use Luffa, keep in mind that all our content (text, code, graphics, drawings, photo, illustrations, videos, our logo, our name, etc.) is ours. As explained though, your user content is yours.
If ever you want to use our intellectual property, just ask us at email@example.com. We’ll let you know if we grant you the permission.
What can I not do with Luffa?
Ok there’s no easy way to say it but, here’s what you can’t do:
Use any element of our service—including our name, trademark, logo, layout and design— without written consent.
Access the service in a way not authorized by Luffa (e.g. hacking, you may be gifted with computers, but not in our backyard).
Access or tamper with non-public areas of the service, our computer systems, or any tech systems belonging to our providers.
Avoid, deactivate, or damage any tech measure we put in place to protect the service. That goes for measures put in place by our providers and any other third party, too.
Forge headers or manipulate identifiers to disguise the origin of any content we transmit. That’s a big no-no.
Try to access, search, scrape, download content from, use, upload content to, create new links for, repost, or refer to the service by using something other than the software and/or search agents provided by Luffa. Generally available third-party web browsers and search engines? They’re OK.
Send spam, ads, email, junk, chain letters, or any other annoying things like that.
Use metadata or hidden text using the service or Luffa’s trademark, logo, or URL without our written say-so. Mess around with another users’ access, a host, or network. This includes sending a virus, overloading, flooding, spamming, or mail-bombing the service. We don’t want toxic friends.
Reproduce, duplicate, copy, sell, trade, resell, or exploit for any commercial reason any part of the service (including your own Luffa account) or your access to or use of the service.
Collect or store any info from other members of the service without their permission.
Stalk or harass anyone else. Impersonate or misrepresent your affiliation with any person or entity.
Break any laws.
Let anyone else use your Luffa account.
Convince anyone else to break any of these rules.
Reverse engineer any of our protection measures. Just please don’t.
What about my privacy?
Where do you send my data?
We are based in Canada, but we use the services of third-party providers in the US. We may send you data to countries other than the one you live in.
We will always deploy the appropriate safeguards to protect your information, in accordance with data protection laws, namely:
- Transfers based on an adequacy decision. This means that the EU Commission has decided that the other country ensures adequate level of protection. Canada is one of those countries.
- Transfers subject to appropriate safeguards. Those are transfers where the recipient of the data has provided appropriate safeguards to the data subjects’ rights. Our Third-Party Service providers are self-certified under the E.U.-U.S. Privacy Shield. This framework was developed to establish a way for companies to comply with data protection requirements when transferring personal data from the European Union and to the United States.
You can find all our third-party services providers here with the purpose of disclosure, type of information disclosed.
What are your warranties?
We can’t guarantee that our service will work perfectly all the time. We’re liable to a max amount of 12 months’ worth of fees. Of course, this doesn’t apply if there’s any willful intent, gross negligence, or lack of due diligence from our side.
You agree to use the service at your own risk. We’ll restrict or end your access to Luffa if you break the law or infringe anyone else’s rights. We’re not responsible for the deletion, mis-delivery, or failure to store/transfer content or personalization settings.
Some things we can’t control—like the performance of the internet and other systems. We can’t guarantee the service will be uninterrupted or error-free, that defects will always be corrected, and that the service, its content, and its servers won’t be free from viruses. Sometimes descriptions of our service written by people outside the company might not be accurate—that’s outside our control as well.
You agree that we’re not liable for damages for loss of profits, goodwill, use, data, or any other intangible losses resulting from your use of the service and its content. If we’ve messed up with wilful intent, gross negligence, or lack of due diligence—that’s on us.
What about your liability?
You agree not to hold Luffa or our service providers responsible for any losses resulting from the use our services.
You agree to financially protect Luffa from any claim or demand (including attorneys’ fees) from any third party in the event you:
- Used the service or content
- Broke the law or suppressed the rights of someone else
We can’t guarantee that our service will work perfectly all the time. We’re not liable for any issues that affect you. If you encounter a problem using our services, we invite you to write to us at firstname.lastname@example.org. We will apply our best efforts to correct the situation.
We do not affiliate with any website which may be hyperlinked on our app or website. They are there for your convenience only.
Which law governs our relationship?
Quebec’s laws. All legal disputes to do with Luffa will go down in the Courts of Montreal, Quebec, Canada. They will decide who’s right.
How can I contact you?
You can send a request via https://okluffa.com/help/
Get in contact with our Data Protection Officer at email@example.com who will be happy to assist you. You can also send your request to our DPO at 501-3981 boul. Saint-Laurent Montréal (Québec) H2W1Y5 Canada.
Our local EU representative
You can direct any request at our local representative at firstname.lastname@example.org.