Help us reimagine team meetings.
What we do
We are a technology startup based in Montreal, Canada.
At Luffa, we are working hard to improve the way we interact with each other at work by building products and experiences that help focus on conversations instead of running meetings.
We are currently looking for
experienced & talentedfull-stack developers
This is a co-located position in our Montreal office.
Full-stack developers at Luffa solve technical challenges across the development stack, from backend design and optimization, to APIs and client applications. You will work on projects that span technologies, systems and processes where you will design, implement, test and ship great code every day. You will be part of a cross-functional team of experts in technology, design, user experience, product, content, marketing and operations.
- Build amazing experiences by combining systems and technologies.
- Work with a wide range of systems, processes and technologies to own and solve end-to-end problems.
- Build new features for internal and external users.
- Bring consistency to the many codebases and processes you will encounter.
- Collaborate with the entire Luffa team.
You may be a fit for this role if you:
- Are not afraid of solving complex problems.
- Are not afraid of stitching together different services and processes even if you have not worked with them before.
- Enjoy working on the frontend, backend and anything it takes to solve problems and delight users both internally and externally.
- Thrive in a collaborative environment involving different stakeholders and subject matter experts.
- Take pride in bringing projects to successful completion involving a wide variety of technologies and systems.
- Can put yourself in the shoes of your users and craft great experiences.
- Enjoy working with a diverse group of people with different backgrounds and expertise.
- Uphold best practices in development, security, design and user experience.
You might work on:
- Adding new functionality to the Luffa backend, API and client applications.
- Implementing dashboards to help us understand how the functionality we ship impacts the user experience.
- Crafting and refining onboarding flows to help users get more value out of their initial Luffa experience.
- Adding, improving and maintaining functionality on Luffa web (across browsers), Luffa Mobile (iOS and Android) and Luffa Desktop (macOS and Windows).
- Implementing, debuging and optimizing native iOS and Android audio processing code.
- Updating Luffa’s development, staging and deployment systems.
- Writing unit, integration and functional tests for existing and new functionality.
- Maintaining and improving integrations with third-party APIs.
- 5+ years experience developing production-quality software, preferably continuously-delivered SaaS projects.
- Degree in Computer Science, or equivalent experience.
- Ability to rapidly learn new technologies, frameworks, languages and paradigms.
- Familiarity with cloud service providers such as Amazon Web Services.
- Deep knowledge of web and mobile technologies.
- A keen interest in API design and software architecture.
As a full-stack developer you will learn how the different parts of Luffa work, while establishing ties with the rest of the team. You will be exposed to all the different components that contribute to the end-user Luffa experience.
What is it like to work at Luffa?
There’s nothing cookie-cutter about Luffa. Luffa is, at its heart, a small cross-functional group of smart-doers with many years of experience creating products that users love. We believe that with the right mix of voice technologies and artificial intelligence, we can turn captured conversations into a powerful and practical way of tapping into the organization’s collective knowledge.
We look at Luffa as a constant work in progress and the same is true of our people; for all of us, we believe the best is yet to come. We value ownership (we are a small team!) but we support each other and learn by combining our diverse backgrounds and expertise. We promote and encourage knowledge sharing across the organization and work hard to have conversations instead of running meetings.
We design our space to encourage collaboration and cross-functional knowledge sharing: we know that a consistent understanding of why we do what we do is the top contributor to building great experiences. We value autonomy, clarity, and understanding. We strive to be an open and transparent organization. And we work hard to make it safe to push the boundaries.
We look forward to having a conversation with you!
Tell us about yourself and we’ll get in touch.